Our Commitment to Your Privacy: As a client of ezytaxback.com we are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information and we understand how important the privacy of your personal information is to you.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details
- age or date of birth
- Tax file numbers and other government identification numbers to lodge your tax return with the ATO (Australian Tax Office)
- Payment data such as payment history.
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries
- information you provide to us through customer surveys, or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We collect information you voluntarily provide us as part of using or requesting our services. Information you provide as part of preparing your tax return, electronically filing your tax return, authenticating your identity, or applying for or purchasing a product or service. If you choose not to provide certain information we request, we may be unable to serve you as our products, services, tools or calculators may rely upon this information.
We collect information when you use our services. We collect certain information and usage data whenever you interact with us, whether in our offices, online, through a mobile application, or when you view an email. This data may include websites you visit, what you click on, and when you performed those actions. These activities may be performed by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
We utilise certain web and wireless technologies to collect this information. These technologies include cookies and web beacons.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website business and our users&rsquo, experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties
- Calculators and tools, such as the number of customers used a certain tool. We may also set cookies or clear gifs based upon your use so that you do not have to re-enter your information
- Promotions and surveys of contact information such as your email address and demographic information to verify your identity.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive
We may disclose aggregate / data information compiled using information that does not identify you individually or personally. This may include, for example, the total number of visitors from a particular state or the average user age.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than as set out in this policy or otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided on the website.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you)
- professional advisers, dealers and agents
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments)
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
Our services are hosted on servers located in Australia. We also use service providers located in the Australia and the United States to bring you our services. If you access our services from outside Australia, you consent to the transfer of your information, including your personal information, to Australia, a jurisdiction that may not provide the same level of protection to your personal information as your home country.
The security of your information is important to us. We may hold your personal information in electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we ensure that when clients log in to your account that account information is password-protected so that you and only you will have access. We strongly recommend that you do not share your user name and password. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% therefore we cannot guarantee its absolute security
Third-Party Products and Services, Including Social Media Features
For example, your use of social media features may require us to share your IP address and which page you are visiting to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our site, and your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it. Examples of these features are the Facebook "Like" button, the "Share This" button, and interactive mini-programs that run on our services.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as needed or as required by law.
We retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We may retain or use your information as necessary to comply with our policies, legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
It is our policy that if you start, but do not complete, a tax return in our online tax programs, we will generally keep the tax return information you provide until you complete your return.
You may choose to limit our use or our ability to share your information in certain circumstances. Our ability to offer you certain products and services and your experience may be affected by your choice. To opt out of electronic or any other communications, go to the website “Contact Us” section. You may, however, continue to receive e-mail communications related directly to the services and products you purchase, such as payment receipts and e-file status notifications.
Postal: The Privacy Officer, PO Box 4667, RICHMOND VIC 3121
When am I entitled to a Refund?
You will be entitled to a refund if we:
- are unable to complete your Tax Return upon receipt within a sufficient and reasonable timeframe
- make a significant error on the lodgement of the return that is the fault of ezytaxback.com
- if for whatever reason, we decide not to complete your tax return
- If the tax return is too complex to be completed by a ezytaxback.com accountant
In these circumstances we will provide a refund on request as set out below
What Refund is Available?
Where a refund is payable in accordance with the Conditions above, refund will be equal to:
- The full price paid for the Tax Return at time of submission, i.e. $29.95.
Who Gets The Refund and How is it Paid?
(a) Any refund will be paid to the person who paid for the return, unless that person has authorised us in writing to pay the refund to someone else.
(b) We will pay the refund in the same way and in the same currency used to pay for the return (AUD, $29.95 per return).
Deadline for Refunds
Unless an applicable law says otherwise, we may refuse to provide a refund if it is not requested in a reasonable timeframe.